A basic guide on Dental Veneers
Are you tired of your stained teeth?
If yes, dental veneer is a solution worth considering.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are also known as porcelain veneers. They are a thin shell resembling a natural tooth. This shell is adhered to the front teeth to overcome different cosmetic problems, such as:
- Discolored tooth
- Worn down tooth
- Misaligned or uneven tooth structure
- Gaps between teeth
- Cracked or chipped tooth
- Small size tooth
It plays a vital role in providing a symmetrical smile. Just getting the front tooth fix can help you get a better smile.
Different types of veneers
All the different types of Venus are permanent. It is advised to get a dental veneer only when you have no dental diseases or cavities.
- It is the closest shade to a natural tooth.
- Porcelain veneers are biocompatible and harmless.
- They are also the most durable veneers.
- Porcelain veneers are one of the strongest materials available for treatment.
- The aftercare of porcelain veneers is extremely basic, brushing and flossing regularly.
- Fixing dental veneer can be a lengthy process and cost around $1000 to $2500.
Composite resin veneers
- It is a mixture of both organic and inorganic materials.
- It is made from resin, initiator, and coupling agent.
- Composite resin is also a natural tooth-colored shade.
- Composite resin is durable.
- A permanent solution for stained teeth.
- They are less expensive as compared to porcelain veneers.
- Composite resin veneers are more likely to get stained after a certain period of time.
- The process of adhering to composite veneers is also as lengthy as fixing porcelain veneers.
- They last for 5 to 7 years and cost around $250 dollars to $1500.
- They are branded veneers.
- These veneers are made from porcelain moulded into an extremely thin shell.
- It doesn’t require any enamel removal prior to the procedure.
- They are designed to hide discoloration and irregularly shaped teeth.
- The process of adhering to a lumineer is reversible.
- Lumineers are not as long-lasting as porcelain veneers.
- But, they are less expensive than a traditional veneer; costing around $800 to $2500 per tooth.
How much do dental veneers cost?
The cost of dental veneers depends on the type of veneer, and the amount of veneers required. But, the location of your dentist can also vary the cost. Dental veneers in Dallas cost around $500 to $2500.
Are dental veneers permanent?
The lifespan of dental veneers is quite long; they can last around 7 years if you take proper dental care.
How should I take care of my dental veneers?
Well, following basic routines for your oral health i.e. brushing with the fluoride toothpaste and cleaning your tooth after every meal can help loads.
There are steps that you should NEVER perform, such as opening a bottle from your mouth or tearing your favorite snack’s wrapper with your teeth.
You can get the best dental veneers in Dallas from our dentists. They will suggest any additional aftercare to maintain veneers.